Infrastructure and Engineering
KiwiRail's Infrastructure and Engineering Team is a new business unit as a result of restructuring comprising the former ONTRACK business and KiwiRail Mechanical business.
Rick van Barneveld is General Manager of Infrastructure and Engineering and will head the new business unit that is now responsible for:
- upgrades, renewals and maintenance of the network
- movement of all rail traffic on the network through the National Train Control Centre
- major infrastructure projects
- design, installation and maintenance of level crossing warning systems in partnership with the relevant local authority
- design, build, refurbishment and maintenance of rollingstock including wagons, locomotives and carriages
The Infrastructure and Engineering team ensures our rollingstock and network are robust so that our commercial freight, passenger and Interislander businesses can meet our customers' needs.