Infrastructure and Engineering
KiwiRail's Infrastructure, Engineering Innovation and Network Services teams work in tandem on the to ensure the following are conducted safely and efficiently:
- upgrades, renewals and maintenance of the network
- movement of all rail traffic on the network through the National Train Control Centre
- major infrastructure projects
- design, installation and maintenance of level crossing warning systems in partnership with the relevant local authority
- design, build, refurbishment and maintenance of rollingstock including wagons, locomotives and carriages
They also ensure our rollingstock and network are robust so that our commercial freight, passenger and Interislander businesses can meet our customers' needs.