With just over 3,500 staff in locations across the country, KiwiRail is one of New Zealand’s largest transport industry employers. Our people are the core of our business and are committed to meeting the challenge to make KiwiRail a sustainable business. We are committed to ensuring they have the tools, resources and training they need for us to meet our customer promise – we will deliver.
Our objective is to build a high performance culture based on five key strategic themes:
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining energetic and engaged people by putting in place good employer practices
- Developing and growing leadership capability to spread our shared vision and values throughout the business
- Building flexibility, capability and capacity by creating a learning environment, implementing flexible work practices, employment initiatives and skills development programmes.
- Developing a performance culture through the implementation of values-based leadership, excellent safety practices, customer-focused strategies and performance management systems.
- Implementing excellent human resource and occupational health and safety practices, processes and systems that support our people and enable managers to proactively manage their teams.