Limited funding means we have different ways of managing graffiti in our regions.
When we remove graffiti
In the Northern Region (from Whangarei to Tauranga) we remove graffiti when:
- It is on KiwiRail property
- It is on private property that borders our rail corridor and is not safe to let people into the rail corridor area to remove it.
In the Central Region we remove graffiti when:
- It is on KiwiRail property only (rail stations in the Wellington Metro area are the responsibility of Greater Wellington Regional Council).
In the Southern Region we remove graffiti when:
- It is on KiwiRail property only.
We try and prevent graffiti by:
- Forming partnerships with local government
- Trialling anti-graffiti technologies such as specially designed paints and materials on our trains.
Graffiti is a crime and if you see someone putting graffiti on KiwiRail property please call the police immediately.
If you see graffiti on railway property please email as much detail as possible to: email@example.com