How to stay safe around the rail corridor
Safety is paramount in the rail and ferry industry - the safety of our own staff; passengers we carry; and safety of the general public as they cross the railway tracks.
That is why we:
- Have protection around our level crossings
- Support rail safety education programmes through TrackSAFE NZ
- Develop education resources
Other things to know:
- Only cross tracks at designated level crossings
- Stay safe at stations
- Get permission to access our land
KiwiRail school visits
We encourage schools to consider using the NZ curriculum based rail safety resources downloadable from the NZ Transport Agency website.
In most locations it is also possible for a KiwiRail representative to come and speak to your students about careers in the rail and maritime industry, or to discuss rail safety around the rail corridor. If you are interested please contact our nearest office on 0800 801 070.
For more information
- Phone: 0800 801 070
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (is monitored Monday - Friday during office hours only)