Filming or Photographing
To ensure the safety of all users, if you wish to film or photograph in or near the rail corridor or on KiwiRail property, you must obtain a Permit to Enter from KiwiRail. The Permit will allow you to safely work within the applied location and time. Apply online or printable form.
Filming or Photographing in a train or on a Platform/Station
- passenger carriages and platforms/stations are owned by Greater Wellington Regional Council.
- You will need permission from KiwiRail and GWRC to film.
- KiwiRail is happy to coordinate your request with GWRC - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- passenger carriages and platforms/stations are owned by Auckland Transport.
- You will need permission from Transdev Auckland and Auckland Transport to film on trains. Contact the Transdev Auckland Communications team at 09 9697801 for an application form.
- You will need permission from KiwiRail to film on the rail network. Contact the local area office to discuss your request before you complete the application form.
Filming, photographing and use of Wellington Railway Station
The Wellington Railway Station has been used for films and TV commercials and has been the backdrop for the wedding shoots.
It is private property managed by KiwiRail and anyone wishing to film in the station, hold any events, promotions and fundraising requires our permission.
To request this please complete the Application Form – we ask for at least 48 hours to process the application. Charges may apply.
Our Wellington property team can be contacted at WSevents@kiwirail.co.nz
For more information about Permits and Access read here.
For more information contact email@example.com or call +64 4 498 3291