KiwiRail Permit to Enter information
The process to access KiwiRail’s rail corridor is in compliance with the ‘National Code of Practice for Utility Operators’ Access to Transport Corridors’. View the code of practice here.
This applies to all corridor access requests for entry onto KiwiRail land.
A Permit to Enter is required to access KiwiRail land and are applied for by using the A5 - Corridor Access Request form.
As a requirement of the “National Code of Practice for Utility Operators’ Access to Transport Corridors - 10 September 2015", KiwiRail is following this internal process to comply with the code.
The following forms are required to be submitted to KiwiRail prior to a Permit to Enter being issued:
- A2 – Preliminary Notice of Project Works in the Railway Corridor (Prior notification for Major Projects)
- A5 – Corridor Access Request (CAR) for Railway Land
Other relevant information:;
- Schedule of costs
- Interim Guide to Electrical Permit to Work in the Auckland Electrified Area
- Vehicles & Plant in the Railway Corridor
- Cable location code of practice
- Traction Poster - Minimum Approach Distances without a permit to work
- Traction Poster - Mis 149 Safety Behaviours
Once the Job is complete you are required to supply the below form to KiwiRail;
If the applicant and KiwiRail cannot agree on terms, you may complete and submit the following;
For more information please contact:
Permits Office: 09 270 5426 (Mon – Friday)
e-mail the National Permit Office