Occupying KiwiRail land

If you occupy KiwiRail land or any building or structure partially located (‘encroaching’) on our land, you need a Licence to Occupy.

Please note that:

  • this is a temporary right only
  • any new structures or buildings must be able to be re-located
  • if we need to use the land, we can withdraw the Licence to Occupy and require you to remove any structures or fences.


For more information, see Licence to Occupy.