Additional Permits

When you apply for a Permit to Enter, certain kinds of activity require additional permits. We will assess your application and advise you on what further permits you may require.

Additional permits include:

Grant Agreement
If you are installing or replacing any of your own assets within the rail corridor, a Grant Agreement is required. Once we have received your Permit to Enter application, a member of KiwiRail's Property Team will be in touch with you directly should they require any further information.

Permit to Dig
If you are breaking ground within the rail corridor, a Permit to Dig is required. A form will be sent to you by the National Permits Team once we have reviewed your initial application.

Electrical Safety Permit
If you are working within 8 metres of an overhead electrical cable, you may also require an Electrical Safety Permit. The National Permits Team will contact you directly about this process.

Site Safety (Yard) Permit
If you are working on KiwiRail land e.g. in depots, yards, maintenance facilities or Container Terminals you may also need a Site Safety Permit and may be required to do an induction. 

Permits Poster