Track Access Requests

Once you are issued with a Permit to Enter, you need to apply to KiwiRail for access to the section of rail track where your activity will take place.

As of 3 April 2023, Track Access Requests are now handled through KiwiRail’s Permits and TARs Portal. If you have a Permit that was not issued through the Permits and TARs Portal, you may continue to submit TARs directly to the Protection Planner via the details listed on your Permit to Enter. If your Permit to Enter was issued through the Portal, then you will need to submit your Track Access Request via the Permits and TARs Portal.

Track Access Requests must be booked two weeks in advance. KiwiRail requires eight weeks’ notice where a Block of Line (BOL) is required to complete the works.

Track Access Requests:

Northland Track Access Request

Auckland Track Access Request

North Island Track Access Request

Wellington Track Access Request

South Island Track Access Request