We request the following documentation to support your Permit to Enter application, and to assist us in arranging and planning safe access for your works.
You may wish to refer to our guidelines to help prepare your plan:
Guidelines for Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan
1. A site-specific health and safety plan reviewed and accepted as appropriate for the work and signed by the organisation commissioning the work. This may include the main contractor where appropriate. Minimum expectations include:
2. An environmental management plan.
3. A work methodology statement, such as a safe work method statement or similar.
4. Site/layout plan and photos of your planned works.
5. Public Liability Insurance Certificate to the value of $10M (insurance certificates need to be submitted for the organisation requesting the permit, the main contractor as well as any subcontractors working within the rail corridor).
6. Details of any machinery/tools being used.
7. A traffic management plan, if works require the use of temporary traffic management within 100 metres of a level crossing.
8. The names and KiwiRail Learning Exchange (KLE) customer numbers of your work crew to verify their rail-specific competencies.
Please email the required documents to: email@example.com
The terms and conditions of your access agreement, including any site-specific health and safety plans, will be set out in your Permit to Enter.
Documentation is received through the Permits and TARs Portal as part of the online application process. Please ensure that you have all the required documentation ready to submit before beginning the application process. You can save an in-progress application and return later to add supporting documentation if required.
Projects managed by KiwiRail
For projects managed by KiwiRail, the KiwiRail Project Manager can be the sponsor of the work and confirm that they have reviewed the methodology and health and safety plan alongside the National Permits Team. The sign off process for these projects can take up to 10 working days to complete.
For KiwiRail-managed projects please use this sign off form: Site Specific SHE Plan Assessment
We are available to visit your team to explain the services we provide and to assist with your permit application. To book a visit, contact us here.