We request the following documentation to process your Permit to Enter application.
You may wish to refer to our guidelines to help prepare your plan:
Guidelines for Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan
1. A site-specific health and safety plan reviewed and accepted as appropriate for the work and signed by the organisation commissioning the work. This may include the main contractor where appropriate. Minimum expectations include:
2. An environmental management plan.
3. Site/layout plan and photos of your planned works.
4. Public Liability Insurance Certificate to the value of $10M (insurance certificates need to be submitted for the organisation requesting the permit, the main contractor as well as any subcontractors working within the rail corridor).
5. Details of any machinery/tools being used.
Please email the required documents to: email@example.com
Projects managed by KiwiRail
For projects managed by KiwiRail, the KiwiRail Project Manager can be the sponsor of the work and confirm that they have reviewed the methodology and health and safety plan alongside the National Permits Team. The sign off process for these projects can take up to 10 working days to complete.
For KiwiRail-managed projects please use this sign off form: Permit to Enter internal form
We are available to visit your team to explain the services we provide and to assist with your permit application. To book a visit, contact us here.